… Continued …
- Arthritis, a condition that affects joints and can cause a loss of function in the affected joints of the body (joint damage). This complication is medically called psoriatic arthritis.
- Kidney damage. Some studies found that psoriasis (both in moderate and severe cases) has been linked to the increased risk of kidney disease.
- Hypertension. The odds of developing hypertension (high blood pressure) are greater for those with psoriasis.
- Parkinson’s disease, a kind of chronic neurological disorder.
- Diabetes (particularly type-2 diabetes). The risk of developing type-2 diabetes is greater in people with psoriasis. The more severe of the disease, the greater risk of having type-2 diabetes.
- The risk of becoming obese. The more severe of the problem, the higher risk of getting more weight gain and becoming obese. The link of both problems is not clear. The reason may be people with psoriasis are more likely to become a physical-inactive individual.n
- Eye problems! There are some eye conditions that tend to affect individuals with psoriasis. These include uveitis, conjunctivitis, and blepharitis.
- Cardiovascular diseases! For sufferers with this skin chronic problem, the risk of getting a heart attack is greater (almost 3 times greater) than people without the disease. It also can increase the risk of stroke and irregular heartbeats. The answer for these connections is still debatable. But the increased risk of obesity, excess inflammation, and other risk factors may play a key role.
- Metabolic syndrome – a medical term used for a cluster of several conditions (including abnormal levels of cholesterol, insulin, and blood pressure (like hypertension)).
- Psoriasis is currently categorized into a group of autoimmune disorders. But having it also can increase the risk of having other autoimmune diseases such as sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, and celiac disease.
Some studies are continuously going for the answer of why there are more risks of severe psoriasis than the milder forms of the problem. In general, it is much better to keep aware about taking care of your overall health if you have this skin disorder.