- Hyaluronic acid, a natural lubricating
ingredient found in the skin. But over time, the production of hyaluronic acid
in the skin decreases (primarily due to age, poor diet, sun exposure, or other
lifestyle factors). For optimal results in skin firming, look for products
containing hyaluronic acid combined with vitamin C.
- Vitamin C. It is thought that antioxidant
of vitamin C (for topical use) may help improve the amount of collagen
production in the skin .
- Green tea extract. It has polyphenols, which are
also antioxidants to protect the skin from free radicals. Topical use of
polyphenols may improve sagging skin and slow signs of aging.
elasticity of the skin can affect everyone, especially after 30s-40s. But there
are also plenty of things to do to deal with.
optimal results, it’s always worthwhile making changes to say “NO” for such
- UV rays. Remember, exposure to UV rays could be a serious threat for your glowing. So always wear sunscreen when you have outdoor activities!
- Tobacco smoke. If you’re a smoker, quitting is one step forward to get your glowing. Avoid also secondhand smoke!
- Obesity! Control your weight as well. More excess pounds of weight you gain will provoke sagging skin (including on face).
- Long, hot showers. I know it’s so fun to take hot shower. But do this as short as possible! Otherwise, long duration of hot shower will strip away your skin moisture, leading to dry and scaly skin. The same goes for sauna, do it in moderation!
- Any drinks that provoke dehydration such as alcohol and caffeinated beverages. See also dehydration and skin wrinkles!
practices more beauty practices. The most important pillars include; get enough
sleep every day, do exercise regularly, have a good stress management, and
always stay with a healthy-balanced diet!
lifestyle measures and topical skincare products are not enough to firm your
facial skin, non-invasive procedures are probably the answer.
are several non-surgical medical procedures to choose from:
- Laser treatment. It’s quite practical. And there is almost no downtime, you usually can return to your normal activities the day after the procedure.
- RF (radio frequency) device. You can use it at home, though the effectiveness is probably less effective than radiofrequency in-office procedures. But it’s not bad idea to give it a shot. One study showed that daily use of RF device for 2 months might boost certain proteins in the skin, resulting tighter skin .
- Kybella injections, particularly helpful to reduce double chin (see more here).
- Microneedling, a non-invasive medical procedure to help boost the production of collagen in the skin by pricking the skin with tiny needles. The cost is dependent on how many sessions you take, each session is about $100 to $700.
- Botox. Although it doesn’t provide permanent result, it is one of quick solutions to firm skin. The effects of one Botox treatment usually will last about 3-4 months.