Ways to Lose Weight Fast at Home and FREE!
When you are looking for ways to lose weight fast, don’t only focus to the goal of getting the result at short time! You need also to concern about how to keep it off otherwise you will spend a lot of time without getting your real weight loss goal. Losing weight doesn’t always mean you have to spend lots of money. Instead, little thing of appropriate step can work more effective. And the good news, there are many ways that you can explore at home and free!
There are some different answers. Furthermore, this also sometime can vary from people to people. But in general, you can safely lose about 2-3 pounds of weight /week. This means that losing about 8-12 pounds in a month can be categorized safe.
Actually, you can lose higher than 12 pounds per month. But it can be potential to harm your health. Moreover, getting extreme rapid weight loss is bad for your metabolism and weight control in long term.
The following are some problems that may occur if you lose the excessive fat of your weight too fast:
- Problems associated with malnutrition. Cutting calories much lower than your calories requirement can be potential to make you skip healthy food and its essential nutrients from your diet.
- The imbalances of electrolyte.
- Dehydration, a condition when you don’t get plenty of fluid to keep hydrated.
- A digestive problem called gallstones. Gallstone is made from some substance in the bile (a liquid produced by the liver to help digest fats) and cholesterol. Most of gallstones are not harmful, but when they block a duct, they can cause a problem that should be treated. The most common symptom of the problem of blocked duct due to gallstones includes mild stomach pain during and after eating. But typically, this problem doesn’t cause any noticeable symptom until it gets worst. It is more common found in people with obesity or those who losing a lot of pounds at short time (too fast).
- Other side effects may include constipation, dizziness, irregular periods in women, fatigue, headache, irritability, muscle loss (bad for your metabolic), and hair loss.
Yap, eating healthy can help cause weight loss or just to control weight. Healthy foods are typically low in saturated fats (bad fat) and high in fibers & other essential nutrients that can be great for your entire health.
Since they are high in fiber, they can help suppress your appetite and make you fuller. And with their low in saturated fats, they can help cut your daily calories intake. But should you stop eating fatty foods during a weight loss diet? Find the answer on this previous article!
However, this doesn’t mean that you can eat all what you want as long as it is healthy food. When it comes to losing weight, you need to always remember on calculating calories of each food that you eat.
But you cannot count calories all the time. Fortunately, you don’t need to do it forever. The real goal of counting calories is you will get used to have a better idea on ‘what & how much’ you should eat daily.
As mentioned before, you can safely burn up to 2 to 3 pounds of weight per week. But generally, to get a realistic goal and to be easier to stick with your weight loss diet, losing 2 pounds /week is great enough if you are looking for safely fast weight loss – according to the British Nutrition Foundation.
Your goal should not only about how many pounds you can burn per week, but you should also more focus on how well you can follow your weight loss program.
You may be able to lose more than 3 pounds /week in the first week of your program, but you might not be able to do it in the next week or even lower than 2 pounds /week – and as a result, you only lose lower than 8 pounds in the end of the month.
There are several reasons, these can include:
- Losing a lot of pounds at short time can be harmful for your health, as noted before. Typically, it will ask you to cut calories extremely lower than 600 kcals /day. This can affect the amounts of your lean muscles. Losing too much lean tissue is not only bad for your metabolic rate but also can be very dangerous for your health.
- You can stick with your diet easier and more fun.
- With realistic goal and losing your pounds gradually, this can help you to not rely on just the scale of your weight. It can help you improve your eating habits and eventually you can enjoy your healthy diet over time.
If there are about 500 calories or a little bit more per day that you can lose for a week (the calculation from the subtraction between the calories output (the amount of calorie that you burn through physical activity) and the calories input (the amount of calories that you get or eat from your diet), you should be able to reduce about 2 to 2.5 pounds of weight per week.
With this idea, you should lose about 1-2 pounds per week if you take in 1,050-1,200 per day. Once you get used with your exercise and eating less calories, you can start gradually increase your exercise to lose up to 3 pounds per week.
In addition, don’t forget to consider the age of where you are. If you are 20 or teenagers, you should be able to lose weight easier than other in their 30s or over. But if you are over 30, you should work harder to get your goal and keep it off.
When it comes to diet to lose weight, there are a lot of options you can try and explore. But if you still don’t have any idea of where you start, you can try first by minimizing sugar, salt, animal fat, starches, and dairy products high in fat.
On the other hand, you can focus on what you can add to lose more calories such as eating more foods high in fiber (like fruits and vegetables), soy products, fish, skinless breast of chicken, lean meat, and low-fat /free-fat dairy foods. And for breakfast, you can use these great breakfast foods to lose calories!
The following are other helpful checklists:
- Never skip your major meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Skipping one of your meals can increase your appetite in the next meal – as a result, you tend to lose control on what & how much that you eat.
- Ensure you keep hydrated all day long. This is not only helpful for your entire health but also will help you fell full longer (another thing that can suppress your appetite).
- Get tempting foods (particularly those high in calories and bad for your health) out of your home!
- Make sure you get plenty of fiber from diet. If you are an individual who gets used with diet low in fiber, don’t jump directly by increase your fiber intake drastically otherwise you may get diarrhea or other digestive problems. Increase the fiber intake from diet gradually! Getting plenty of fiber also can help suppress appetite.
- Only eat when you seat and from a plate! Avoid eating by standing because this can make you feel hunger faster and lose control on what you eat.
- Keep busy with your daily activity – you might not want to eat because you’re being bored, right?!
- Still, watch on the calories of any food (including for healthy foods) that you put in the mouth! Therefore, it’s not bad idea to make a food journal so thus you can keep on track that you want!
Besides focusing on what, when, and the amount of calories of foods that you eat, don’t forget to note about how you were feeling either right before and after you ate them!
Many times, people who trying to lose pounds of their excessive weight only focus too much on foods and calories, but they forget their emotions! In fact, your emotions are a significant part of your eating habits. So, you need to work with your emotions as well as possible! See also about how to lose pounds of fat but you can eat what you love!