… Continued …
Most people can fall about 100-125 hairs a day. But this is a normal part of hair life cycle. Your body has its own mechanism to keep your scalp full of hair. The abnormal hair loss occurs when you shed more than 125 hairs per day or when the lost hairs don’t grow back.
According to the American Hair Loss Council, the hair loss problem can be divided into two major groups; Telogen effluvium and anagen effluvium .
- Telogen effluvium. It is kind of hair loss that can be triggered by an increased number of follicles going the resting phase. For more detailed information about telogen effluvium, visit this section!
- Anagen effluvium. Unlike in telogen effluvium, hair loss in anagen effluvium is internally caused by the use of certain medications such as treatment for cancer (like chemotherapy).
The hair loss due to HCG diet is categorized into telogen effluvium.
Common causes of telogen effluvium include:
- Hormonal imbalance. This can be triggered by menopause, pregnancy, the use of birth control pills, or thyroid disorders.
- Emotional problems such as high stress and mental disorders (like depression or anxiety disorder).
- Physical stress such as after taking surgery, anemia, illness, and rapid change in weight (HCG diet is often associated with rapid weight change).
So, what you should do if you experience hair loss after taking HCG diet? In general, there is nothing to worry since again diet is changeable condition.
Once you return to a healthy & well balanced diet, the problem usually will go away on its own. See also the essential nutrients to help improve the hair growth in this section!
However, having frequently rapid weight change can be potential to cause a serious hair loss problem that may become irreversible. Furthermore so far, many experts don’t recommend any diet that can cause a rapid change in weight .
If losing weight is your priority, HCG diet is not your single option – there are lots of safer options that you can explore. Overall, the choice is on your own. But if you in-doubt with any symptom or problem that you are experiencing, consult with a doctor for more advice and to find the appropriate treatment!