What types of foods for type 2 diabetes before exercise?
… Continued …
What are foods you need to eat before you exercise? First off, make sure that your blood sugar is safe enough for exercise. The level should be normal!
Then don’t forget to drink plenty of fluid before and after workout to keep hydrated. If necessary, drink some water during workout!
To avoid hypoglycemia, you may need to eat extra carbs before exercise, just listen your body. Your body may also need extra carbohydrate for each half hour of your exercise.
As mentioned before, there are two types of carbohydrate – simple and complex. Eat a few complex carbs a hour before exercise, this may help provide a steady energy during exercise.
Also, pay attention for your pre-exercise meal. It should be moderate in protein & carbohydrate and low in saturated fat. Ask a registered dietitian for more advice!
- If it’s the first time of your exercise (you are physically inactive before) – start it slowly and increase it gradually in line with improvement of your endurance!
- Choose a kind of exercise or activity you can enjoy so you would like to do it regularly as a lifetime commitment.
- When your body is ready – do exercise for at least about 3-4 times a week with about 30 minutes for each season! A good exercise should be started with a warm-up session for about 5-10 minutes, then the main session such as continuously aerobic exercise for about 15-30 minutes, and then followed with a cool-down session for about 5-10 minutes. These are important to increase and decrease your blood pressure gradually before and after exercise!
- A weight training are also good for your fit status. Add these sessions for 2-3 times /week!
- If you experience any unusual symptom such as pain – don’t ignore it, stop right away your exercise and see a doctor!