Causes of Gnawing Stomach Pain after Eating!
Last updated April 5, 2013
… Continued …
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- Irritable bowel syndrome or spastic colon!
- Injury of certain part of digestive system.
- In children, the random stomach pain may point to the existence of intussusception (a serious digestive disorder occurs when there is a part of intestine that slides into an intestine’s adjacent part).
- Inflammation of pancreas /pancreatitis.
- UTI /urinary tract infection.
- Inherited type of anemia or medically called sickle cell anemia.
- PID /pelvic inflammatory disease (in women).
- Lead poisoning.
- Peritonitis – a kind of stomach lining infection.
- Obstruction of intestine.
- Stomach inflammation that commonly characterized by cramps, diarrhea, nausea & vomiting, and fever), this health condition is now much familiar called as stomach flu.
- Mesenteric lymphadenitis, it is an inflammation of lymph nodes of stomach membranes, intestine membranes, and bowel membranes. Lymph nodes are a group of tissues that crucial to fight off illness.
- Pulled /strained abdominal muscles.
*There may be other possible causes that are not mentioned in this article.
You need to find help promptly if you experience persistent gnawing stomach pain with other serious symptoms such as:
- Chest pain.
- The yellowed skin.
- Severe abdominal swelling.
- Severe abdominal tenderness.
- Persistent nausea without known reason – it may also be followed with persistent vomiting.
- Bloody stools.
To keep safe, make sure you ask someone else drive you to your doctor because your symptoms may affect the ability of your coordination when driving.
My wife is having mild pain after eating meals and goes off after an hour. It is accompanied by backache, headache sometimes and slight body temperatures all the time. we have consulted a doctor, according to him it is gas related problem and has given certain medicines to encounter the pain.
Earlier my wife was being consulted by a gynecologist and a HCG 5000 injection has been given to her during her ovulation period to conceive faster but an hour after giving that injection, a sharp pain in her stomach raised and lead her to got admitted in the hospital for a day, The gynecologist done an ultrasound test and said it is just an stomach infection, and antibiotics and painkillers were given to her.
we changed the doctor because the pain was still there after eating and last for 1-2 hours, as per the new doctor it is gastritis problem and has given medicines for that.
Its been a week’s time now, she is still facing mild pain in stomach after eating which goes out after an hour. From last 2 days, she is having loose motions in the morning and gets well in the rest of the day. A slight body temperature through the day with backache remains the whole day with a headache sometimes.
So never ignore any stomach pain, especially if it doesn’t respond to lifestyle measures